Springer Spaniel Forum Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all Springer Spaniel owners to tell their stories

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Ye Figure Hai Hindi [Hot Movie] [hindi]
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 am by Guest

» Why our socks dont last long
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:29 pm by JunoandBecca

» Juno swims!
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:14 pm by JunoandBecca

» Juno and Mocha
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm by JunoandBecca

» Do all Springers have baggy eyes?
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:01 pm by JunoandBecca

» Trying an easy walk harness
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 pm by JunoandBecca

» Springers dignified? I beg to differ!
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:11 pm by JunoandBecca

» Field Trials
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:28 pm by JunoandBecca

» Beautiful day!
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:13 am by JunoandBecca

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Counter
So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . Flags_0

So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts .

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian the brit
Admin
Brian the brit

So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . Empty
PostSubject: So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts .   So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am

Ok, so you have got your Springer pup home , It's a FUN day.
She/He has found the water dish the food and very quickly a nice spot on your favorite chair,
You turn your back for 2 seconds and guess what , Poo on the Chair and water and food everywhere , No
Oh well
This is the first day after all.
Then comes the first night , where is your Pup going to sleep ?
Well the answer to that is it WON'T unless it is with you in your bed (which would be great ) apart from the fact that you will wake up with a nice warm feeling on you that might smell quite bad to , Mad

So , lets put it in the spare room and shut the door , that will work ?
So now you have just isolated a pup that has just come from the only thing it knew I.e it's Mum and the rest of the litter (bro's and sisters ) and you now go to get some sleep Sleep Forget it , Can you imagine the feeling of being all by your self for the first time in a dark strange room , I think I would cry , and that is exactly what your pup will do CRY.
Ear Plugs work , don't give in It only lasts for a week or two , the worst thing you can do is go get it because the Dog has just won the first of many competitions that you are going to have with it for the next (hopefully ) 15-20 Years.
Juno started to sleep through the night after about 8 days.
On that note I will also add that one of the other Pup's from the breeder was returned after 3 days because one of the new owners suddenly became allergic to Dog's ???????
Good reason , Wish I had thought of that .

Never forget that having a Dog is HARD work and the decision to get one should not be taken lightly especially a Springer , They are very highly strung and active .

It is going to be part of your family for along time and It will also do things that are astounding to you and make you wish you never got the dam thing .

Juno is the first springer we have owned ( always wanted one ) but our fourth Dog .
She is GREAT Very Happy
She NEVER stops playing and I am sure is very happy with us .
We LOVE her .
But She is HARD WORK lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fullbore.webs.com
JunoandBecca
Admin
JunoandBecca

So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . Empty
PostSubject: Re: So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts .   So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts . EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Wow, those days seem so far away now. I thought the crying through the night would never stop. I did crack a couple of times and went to get her at 4 in the morning, out for a pee and then we would curl up on the couch together as there was no getting her to go back to bed then. Brian is right though, you should not go to your pup in the night if they cry. You are just teaching them that if they cry, you come get them. So it is a very hard first few days/weeks of having a puppy.

We opted not to crate train. She has her own room which I guess is just a big crate. LOL. She has the laundry room so there is nothing she can get in to or destroy really. Linoleum floors so easy for clean up. It seemed the best option as the rest of the house is very open plan. She somewhat likes her room now and will go to bed willingly at night time. She would of course prefer to be with us, but that isnt an option at the moment as she does still have accidents in the house. Plus I am sure the cats would not be amused if their one safe place (the bedroom) is a Juno zone too!

Puppies are hard work but it is rewarding to think back to the more difficult times and think how much progress you and your puppy have made. Juno is so intelligent and learns very quickly. We just have to remember sometimes that she is still a baby at 5 months and that we need to keep teaching her good habits and manners.
Back to top Go down
https://springersofcanada.canadian-forum.com

So your new Puppy is home , This is where it starts .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Springer Spaniel Forum Canada :: All things Springer :: Puppy Pages-
Jump to: